The American Association of Cardiologists of Indian Origin (AACIO) announces three Young Investigator Awards in Cardiovascular Disease for trainees of Indian subcontinent origin. Please visit our website for further details. www.aacio.org
The American Association of Cardiologists of Indian Origin (AACIO) awards the Dr. Krishna Ramaswamy and two Dr. Madhukar Deshmukh Young Investigator Awards at the AACIO dinner meetings held each year during the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association annual convention in March (this year in May) and November. The finalists present their abstracts at the meeting and receive $1000.00 award and a plaque.
ABSTRACT DEADLINE: Monday, September 26, 2022
Awardees will need to be available Sunday, November 7, 2022 between 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (EST) to present their abstract during the AACIO Virtual Meeting.
1. Assign one of the following categories to your abstract and place at the top above the abstract title: Basic Science, Preventive and Imaging Cardiology, Interventional and EP Cardiology
2. Maximum 2 abstracts per author.
3. The following will not be considered for the AACIO Young Investigator Awards (YIA): a) Abstracts from previous Awardees, b) Abstracts already presented or accepted for presentation either for oral presentation or poster presentation, c) Abstracts already published (in part or as a full manuscript) or accepted for publication.
4. Submitters must be a) Resident/Fellow in cardiology or cardiology related field or b) have a research position in cardiology or related field or c) if a faculty, must have completed their Residency or Fellowship program within 5 years of submission. Include the contact information for the submitting author in the email message; do not include on the abstract.
5. Abstract format: Each abstract is limited to 1950 characters. Each figure, graph and/or table is a deduction of 500 characters from the 1950 characters permitted for the abstract. The abstract may go to a second page only to accommodate the graphs/charts/figures. Abstract should contain the Title of the Abstract followed by the names and degrees of all authors (underline the submitting author's name) and their affiliation(s), then a blank line followed by the abstract. Abstracts not submitted in this format will be returned for correction or rejected.
6. Abstracts must be submitted as an email attachment to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and it is preferred not to send via a secure site or other internet services for downloading.
8. A total of 3 Awards, each for $1000, will be given. Awardees will need to be available Sunday, November 7, 2022 between 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (EST) to present their abstract during the AACIO Virtual Meeting.
9. The YIAs presentation will be a 5 minute oral presentation about their abstract (See #8).
10. Abstract submission deadline is
Monday, September 26, 2022